Self Portrait in coloured pencil

Wednesday 4 March 2015

Tiger miniature

 

Today I found time to scan the tiger miniature that I drew for my son and daughter-in-law Christmas gift. They saw it when it was unfinished. 
This is one of the ACEOs that I have done in pen and ink on graphic film so I can colour parts of the reverse. I enjoy doing these miniatures. This was the first time I have done a complex colour areas like the tiger stripes. In the past I have added simple colours to the reverse for simple decoration. Working on the stripes in reverse was a challenge. I suppose it was a bit like glass painting. I had to apply the colours backwards from a normal coloured pencil drawing. 
I plan to do some more tiger miniatures and I hope that I remember the lessons I learned from this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You will need to Preview before it will Publish