Self Portrait in coloured pencil

Friday 20 July 2018

Art in the Hills, Dufton


Art in the Hills, Dufton 

I have come back from the Private View of the art exhibition in the village hall at Dufton, Cumbria. 
It is a popular exhibition and I enjoy going to the private view and meeting so many artist friends. 
The photo above shows the three portraits that I put in this year: Arthur, Walter and Riley. 
I waited until the crowd was thinner to photograph them and I asked my friend to pose looking at them.

I met a friend, Sarah Reid, there and I took a photo of her by some of her pastels. I admire her pastels very much. Unfortunately my photos have not shown them at their best because of reflections on the glass. I did my best to improve them by playing with the dodge and burn tool in the Artstudio Pro app on my iPad and using the Pencil. So you can get an idea and go and look at her website for a better view. 


Sarah with her paintings 


No comments:

Post a Comment

You will need to Preview before it will Publish