Self Portrait in coloured pencil

Friday 13 April 2018

Lady in Sunglasses 2


Lady in Sunglasses 2

The Lady in Sunglasses is beginning to show her lovely friendly character. 
You may be thinking that I have indicated her eyes, but I can’t see her eyes at all in the reference photograph. I can only see myself and my camera reflected on the lenses and I am not going to paint that.
No, she hasn’t got a big earlobe. That will become her earring. 
I am still working on 10 portraits at once. I paint a bit more on three or four paintings a day. I have to rest my hand on the canvas because my arm and hand are weak due to polio. That is why I paint from the top left to the bottom right so I don’t smear the oil paint - except when I do it on purpose of course. If I need to go back over a higher part of the painting, I have to leave it to dry for a day or two. 
Meanwhile, I am ready to set up my next 10 portraits. There is a portrait of a deerhound calling to me ...



No comments:

Post a Comment

You will need to Preview before it will Publish