Self Portrait in coloured pencil

Friday 29 June 2018

Visiting the Framers


Visiting the Framers

I don’t often buy artwork. My house is so small that I need all the wall space to hang my own art safely out of the way. But I found an artwork that I just had to have. And this week I took it to the framers.
If you live anywhere near Penrith, Cumbria, UK, I recommend “Your Life as Art” if you have any pictures  that need framing. 
Not only is Adrian a very good framer, but he has an art degree and has worked in the arts all his life, so he is the ideal person to help choose which frame and mount board will set off the artwork to advantage. 
So if you have any framing to do, go and see Adrian Brunskill at Your Life as Art, 13/14 Devonshire Arcade, Penrith, CA11 7SX, telephone 07712569787 and see his Facebook Page 

https://www.facebook.com/yourlifeasartpenrith/

The artwork I took to be framed, is a collage by Shawn Marie Hardy. I love all her collages, but this one, “Hoovering”, had to be Mine! Not only does it have that surrealist quirkiness, but the balance and composition is brilliant. And it reminds me that when I have housework to do (especially vacuuming the dog hair off the carpet) at least I don’t have to clean the Milky Way!
Go and view her work and see if you find it as delightful as I do.



Adrian and I looked at lots of combinations of frames and mount boards. Finally we decided on a silver mount to reference NASA, and a slim black aluminium frame. It wouldn’t have looked right in a wide frame. That would have swamped the artwork. 
I am looking forward to seeing it framed. 




1 comment:

  1. Aw! Thanks so much for buying my work and sharing this. That frame looks spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

You will need to Preview before it will Publish